11.19.2010

canning: the final push

this fall i focused on small batches, unusual recipes and kept an eye towards the holiday season. even still, i found myself with a plethora of beautiful jars—so much so that i moved a bookshelf into my laundry room to hold them all.

its been a few weeks since i satisfyingly heard my last ping ring out from the kitchen. i thought i was done. so imagine my surprise when those thoughts started creeping back into my head this week.

so i have made a short list of my final canning to-dos.

  • pickled beets
  • pumpkin butter
  • pears in light syrup
  • nutmeg infused simple syrup
  • chili infused oils
  • (more) applesauce
  • apple pie filing
  • (more) onion jam
  • stock
  • kimchi
  • sauerkraut
...er, that was supposed to be a short list.
but it grew even as i typed it.

this weekend i am going to hit the farm stands and see what i can scrounge together. from there i will decide what i will attack this weekend and what will be for another day.

i'll make sure to report back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

questions? comments?
amusing and/or educational stories?