9.28.2007

the october challenge

this October i will attempt to avoid processed foods for the entire month.
this is a huge endeavor for me. if you knew me, you'd know.
this means no:
pasta
eggos
bread/toast/pb sandwichs
mac&cheese
candy
cheese
juice
milk
tortillas
cereal


i've already decided to allow myself plain yogurt and not forgo diet coke. because i'm disgustingly addicted. but i will limit myself to 1/day, which is something i already try to do.

this should force me into a diet of fruits and vegetables, not to mention spark my cooking creativity.

i am already looking forward to:
squash
rice
polenta
couscous
nut
dried fruits
fresh eggs
apples


we'll see how it goes. my goal is to do it for the whole month.
its a pretty big undertaking for a girl with such poor self-control.

check my progress periodically.

No comments:

Post a Comment

questions? comments?
amusing and/or educational stories?