i expect my basic quiche resembles this:
- 7-9 eggs + 1-2 cups of milk, whisked together thoroughly
- 1 onion, sauteed + additional vegetables, also sauteed.*
- 1 cup of grated cheese
- 1 pre-made pie dough shell (i get plenty of compliments)
- herbs. garlic? thyme? sage? rosemary? dill? fresh? dried?
- smattering of salt and pepper
combine all the above in a pie pan and bake at 350 until a toothpick comes out clean—viola!
the only other tricks i have to share is that i have been known to do an egg wash (yolk+water) on the pie shell before adding the filling and i often use a baking stone in the oven, allowing it 30 minutes or so to warm up in the oven. both of these are touted as helping keep the bottom crust from being soggy.
beyond that i am simply creative based on what i have on hand, what sounds good and what is in season.